I ran across this article while waiting to get my hair cut. It lists 8 drugs MDs would not take for themselves or their own family. Better make sure you’re not using them.
- Keflex-antibiotic that kills bacteria and your liver too
- Nexium and Prilosec-anti-heartburn drugs that cause pneumonia and heart attacks.
- Visine-as in eyedrops Visine… causes eye redness (I am not making this up).
- Pseudoephedrine-sinus decongestant that causes heart attacks and strokes.
- Advair-the asthma drug has a black box warning because it can often cause worse asthma.
- Avendia-for diabetes increases your chances of getting and dying of a heart attack.
- Celebrex-one of the few remaining cox-2 inhibitors left on the market still causes heart attacks in addition to the stomach bleeding and liver damage.
The link: http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=health&category=doctors.hospitals&conitem=a42dac93be8e9110VgnVCM20000012281eac____&page=2