Ten Steps to Optimize Your Adjustments
I wrote these as a handout a couple of years ago. But since it might be useful to review them occasionally, here they are, easily accessible any time you need them!
The Ten Essential Steps to Get the Most Out of Your Care
A few simple things will greatly enhance the longevity of your adjustments as well as the rate of progress and degree of correction you can achieve through chiropractic care. Here are the 10 actions you need to take to get the most out of your care.
- Walk for a couple of minutes after your adjustment before getting back in your car.
- Never wear a wallet in your back pocket.
- Avoid sugar. Of course, all the other Nutrition Workshop recommendations regarding artificial sweeteners, trans fats and high fructose corn syrup apply here too.
- Take Omega 3 supplements. they are essential to your body, particularly when healing is taking place.
- Minimize alcohol consumption.
- Smoking retards all healing and compromises health. Stop now!
- Give yourself enough time to rest and recover. Pay attention to this during the day as well as at night.
- Wear proper footwear. Please make sure you bring us all your athletic shoes for assessment. You would be amazed how poorly some of them are made.
- Use these shoes to exercise regularly. Movement is life, you need the exercise to regain and maintain health and wellbeing.
- Follow your recommended visit schedule!